William C Murphy, Jr. MD has been a practicing physician (ophthalmologist) for thirty years. During that time, he cultivated an extreme interest in blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and facial aesthetics.
A graduate of Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, Dr. Murphy completed a medical Internship at the Presbyterian Hospital (now, California Pacific Medical Center), San Francisco, CA; and, an ophthalmology residency at the Louisiana State University Medical Center, LSU Eye Center, New Orleans, LA. He has owned or been a staff member for practices in New York, New Hampshire, Arizona, Louisiana, and California.
Because of his passion and influences of his phenomenal teachers in Vancouver, British Columbia and Southern California, he gave up the practice of Ophthalmology with no regrets and has dedicated his whole career to facial aesthetics.
You will receive highly personalized, discreet and professional service. All services are performed by me personally.
BOTOX® is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
One 10-minute treatment—a few tiny injections—and within days there’s a noticeable improvement in moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, which can last up to 4 months. Your individual results may vary.
BOTOX® is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time. Your individual results may vary.
Dysport™ is an acetylcholine release inhibitor and a neuromuscular blocking agent indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines associated with procerus and corrugator muscle activity in adult patients under 65 years of age. Basically, it is an injectable used to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and frown lines in the face. It is made using small amounts of abobotulinumtoxinA. Used in very small, controlled amounts, the toxin relaxes the muscles in the face thereby allowing the overlying skin to relax.
Dysport™ has been used for years in over 26 countries and will be available in the US in July 2009. It is the first FDA approved drug of its type to compete with BOTOX®, which also uses the botulinum toxin. Dysport smoothes facial lines and wrinkles and is believed to last approximately 4 months. Dysport™ temporarily modifies the action of facial muscles, smoothing out undesirable lines between the brows, across the forehead or crow’s feet to restore a more youthful, less stressed appearance.
Botox prices have steadily risen. Although stabilized now, Botox may still have a slightly higher price point in most practices than Dysport. Dysport appears to have a faster onset and it appears to maybe having a longer life span (about four months). Your individual results may vary.
Juvéderm® is from the makers of Botox® Cosmetic. It is a next-generation dermal filler that instantly restores your skin’s volume to smooth away facial wrinkles and folds.
As we age, our skin volume diminishes causing wrinkles to form. Juvéderm® is made of a naturally occurring substance in our skin called hyaluronic acid. This substance simply restores your skin to its more youthful volume, smoothing wrinkles away. The ultra smooth consistency of Juvéderm® provides a more natural look and feel to help correct facial wrinkles such as the “smile lines” or “parentheses” (line between your mouth & nose) and plumps your lips for a fuller look. Your individual results may vary.
Restylane® provides rejuvenating cosmetic beauty treatments for a natural, younger-looking you. Restylane® is the world’s best-selling dermal filler. It is well tolerated, nonsurgical and long lasting (usually around six months). Your individual results may vary.
Restylane® is injected into the skin to restore volume to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). Restylane® gives natural-looking results by restoring your skin’s fullness. Your individual results may vary.
Perlane® is a “mid-dermal” hyaluronic acid filler product. As a sister product to Restylane®, Perlane® is designed for more pronounced facial folds and wrinkles. It has been used to soften wrinkles and facial folds of patients around the world. It is also a popular filler for lip augmentation, facial depressions and facial scarring.
The hyaluronic acid in Perlane supplements the body’s natural supply, which becomes depleted with age. This filler is biodegradable so its effects are not permanent. The results of a Perlane filler treatment tend to last 6 months to a year. This is much longer than the typical results of collagen injections, which may only last 3 to 6 months. Your individual results may vary.
Healthy young skin contains collagen that gives it volume, flexibility and strength. As part of the aging process, your own natural collagen breaks down, diminishing facial volume. This loss of elasticity and volume results in the wrinkles, facial lines and skin laxity that rob your skin of its youthful appearance.
Moderate Smile Lines
The ideal way to achieve wrinkle reduction is by replenishing lost volume. With RADIESSE® wrinkle filler, you welcome back your own natural collagen to smooth out the signs of aging. That’s because RADIESSE wrinkle filler’s unique formulation stimulates collagenesis – the production of new collagen – which results in increased volume for natural looking wrinkle correction that may last a year or more in many patients. It’s also why more and more cosmetic surgeons, estheticians, and other medical professionals are choosing RADIESSE wrinkle filler for long-lasting facial rejuvenation.
The RADIESSE wrinkle filler difference:
- Stimulates the body’s own natural collagen production
- Instantly corrects wrinkles
- Results that may last a year or more in many patients
In just one syringe, many patients can achieve long-lasting youthful results. And now you can ask William C. Murphy Jr. MD. about the RADIESSE treatment option that significantly improves comfort. Because treatment with RADIESSE wrinkle filler is simple, quick, comfortable and convenient, with immediately visible results that last, more and more people are discovering that it is the natural choice for maintaining a more youthful appearance. Your individual results may vary.
What is Automated Micro-Needling?
Automated Micro-Needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for treating the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and improvement of the skin’s overall appearance. During this procedure, tiny needles are used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to produce collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in improvement of the appearance of softer wrinkles. Automated micro-needling also creates superficial micro-channels which can be used with topical gels, creams and serums to help improve the appearance of the skin. Eclipse MicroPen ™ is the most advanced medical-grade automated micro-needling device on the market. Look for an Eclipse MicroPen ™ professional in your area now.
What are the Benefits?
The benefits of micro-needling are a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Eclipse Micropen™ also has a positive effect on hyper-pigmentation as well as on hypo-pigmentation, acne scars, traumatic scars and stretch marks and generally creates a fresher appearance or glow to the skin.
What areas of the body can I treat?
Eclipse Micropen™ can be used on all parts of the body; Face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
How is the procedure done?
A sterile needle-tip containing 12 tiny micro-needles is attached to the Eclipse Micropen™. Your skincare professional will apply a thin layer of topical gel to your skin and select the appropriate setting based on your unique needs. Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
What does it Feel Like?
The feeling associated with the Eclipse Micropen™ is similar to light sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating needle tip reduces discomfort while the applied hydrating gel also makes the treatment more tolerable.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What is the downtime?
Immediately after the treatment you will notice a bright redness to the skin.
The total healing time depends on the Eclipse MicroPen setting used and the number of overlapping passes your skincare professional performs. On average, patients are red up to 2 to 4 days. Some patients heal completely in as little as 24 hours. Utilizing the Eclipse Dermal Recovery System™, or other quality skincare products, provided by your skincare provider, can help to speed up the healing process.
When will I see the results?
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks. Results continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment as collagen production continues.
How many treatments will I need?
Some patients only require a single treatment, once per year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. For patients with deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 6 week intervals.
- "I wanted to send you a huge Thank you for your wonderful services. As you know I am in the Esthetics profession and need to look as young as can. I've had a lot of my clients recently notice that I have a younger more youthful appearance. I love the way I look!!!! Between the Botox and the Restalyne I feel like I've had a mini face lift. If you don't mind I would like to refer my clients to you."~ Nikki Roman
- " I have been a patient of Dr. Murphy for over two years. I am not only pleased with his injections, but his ever increasing knowledge about new products and innovative ways to inject the products. Dr. Murphy is gentle and caring and I have known many people who have never had one bruise from him! I highly recommend Dr. Murphy...He is great!"~ Kytti St. Amand
- "I own a spa in San Diego and was getting a lot of requests for Botox and Restylane from my clients and Dr. Murphy was referred to me by a close friend of mine. I want to offer my clients the best service and in order to do that I had to try it out for myself and I have to say it was a great experience. Dr. Murphy was very professional, knowledgeable and gentle. I had no bruising at all. My clients absolutely adore him and wouldn’t go anywhere else for their treatments. I have had several treatments since and I have to say I am as hooked as my clients."~ Anke Stoner
- "I have worked with several doctors on Botox prior to meeting Dr. Bill Murphy in the winter of 2008. Since then I have had quarterly treatments by Dr. Murphy with Botox and most recently Dysport. The results have been amazing, the best of any treatment prior to meeting Dr. Murphy. Additional, his level of support preparing and following up treatments has made the whole process seamless and easy."~ Michael Stark
- "Dr. Murphy or Dr. Bill as we call him, is the master artist on my face. He not only listens to exactly what it is you want, any concerns etc, but then he improves upon that. Like one time, he made a recommendation that I was a little reticent about. But I'd been working with him long enough that I trusted him and went with it. And I swear, without giving away his 'trade secrets' he improved my beauty with absolutely no telltale signs of anything having been done and with 2 simple 5 minute procedures. I've had others, but once he's treated you, you'll never want another man to touch your face. Not to mention Dr. Bill's wonderful manner."~ Janet T. - Actress, author, director
- "You are the best. I have gotten Botox and various fillers from several other doctors. But with Dr. Murphy they are to me painless and last longer. Dr. Murphy takes great pride in making me be the best I can be as a mature woman. I have sent several of my friends to him. My daughter feels exactly the same way."~ Peg Sperling